Main Menu

Gap Between Bottom of bumper and top of valence 74 challenger

Started by moparmike, May 20, 2018, 08:37:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

moparmike

Now have a gap between bumper and valence after conversion to 72 bumper. Bumper fits great ,snug to body and tail light assembly. But have at least 1-1/2" after conversion. How do I close this gap. Is the 72 valence taller? Any feed back much appreciated.
Mike

1 Wild R/T

Normal.... Your looking at it from lower than normal.... Stand up & have a look.... Understand it's a production car... You want it to fit like a hand built car get Foose involved....

PatO

MoparMike,

72 had a filler strip situated below the top lip of the bumper and below the tailights.  Has to be installed before bumper.

I've attached a photo of the rear before the bumper was installed.  Have to look closely.

PatO

and from underneath, between the bottom of the bumper and the valance.

PatO

the filler strip is if you are standing looking down at the top of the bumper. It fills in that gap.  Wasn't quite sure what you were looking at.

Hope those help.

moparmike

Thanks mine looks like your bottom photo. I'm just getting a little to fussy I guess. Thanks for everyones input as i helped all the way through the process. Best forum page ever!
Mike

Burdar

Pat0, are those pictures of a 72?. If so, you need to remove that triangular license plate bracket. That bracket was used in 73-74 to space the plate out farther. You don't need it on a 72.

PatO

Burdar, Thanx for the tip ! :slapme5:

The thought hadn't occurred to me to look at that.

RUNCHARGER

What Wild said. If you are standing, you look down at the bumper and the gap will disappear.
Sheldon