Main Menu

Goldenstar full trunk floor

Started by Lilian, September 26, 2017, 06:52:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Lilian

I am looking for a ggod replacement full trunk floor for my 70 cuda and came to find an auction for Goldenstar trunk floor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-74-PLYMOUTH-BARRACUDA-FULL-TRUNK-FLOOR-TF10-701-/332288024943?fits=Year%3A1970%7CModel%3ACuda&hash=item4d5de8e16f:g:UFUAAOSw~rpZVyJw&vxp=mtr

compared to AMD 70 cuda trunk floor, it costs half price !! I know that quality has a cost but does anyone here used the cheaper one on its restoration ?

seems that Golden has only 1 part number from 70 to 74 and AMD has 70 and 71-74 ... what are the differences ?

I also read but can't find it now that the Goldenstar would work fine ....

I buy my parts mostly from Summit and they sell the AMD trunk floor for $350 and another $300 to ship to France .... the auction is $153 for the part, Iam waiting for their quotation.

thanks for your input and help

303 Mopar

Quote from: Lilian on September 26, 2017, 06:52:42 AM
compared to AMD 70 cuda trunk floor, it costs half price !! I know that quality has a cost but does anyone here used the cheaper one on its restoration ?

Half the price usually means half the quality.  I would go AMD every time, best fit and quality.  Do it once and do it right.

anlauto

I agree AMD is better quality, but when it comes to the trunk floor, there's really not a lot they can screw up....
The shipping is going to kill you either way....You should see if there's other international suppliers other than the US ? Maybe you'll find one closer to home ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

"Material: 18-20 Gauge Steel"   :huh:  Well, is it 18 or 20?  I don't think I would risk it.  Stick with the good stuff.... AMD.

anlauto

Yea I got a kick out of that comment as well...very descriptive  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Lilian

can't find the thickness of the AMD floor

and who already installed a Goldenstar floor ?

GoodysGotaCuda

Jegs sells golden star for cheap and low shipping. I was able to get mine for no shipping and it was drop shipped locally.

The golden star floor is the same as the Sherman or goodmark. None of them have holes, so you need to DIY that. Install went fine on my car with no real issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

GoodysGotaCuda

Golden Star

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

wldgtx

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 26, 2017, 08:13:07 AM
"Material: 18-20 Gauge Steel"   :huh:  Well, is it 18 or 20?  I don't think I would risk it.  Stick with the good stuff.... AMD.

"220, 221 whatever it takes"
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Lilian

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on September 26, 2017, 12:01:10 PM
Jegs sells golden star for cheap and low shipping. I was able to get mine for no shipping and it was drop shipped locally.

The golden star floor is the same as the Sherman or goodmark. None of them have holes, so you need to DIY that. Install went fine on my car with no real issues.

thanks a lot, that is what I was looking for for comments. I thought I read your thread on your cuda and was not able to remember where and who posted that !!

I will have a look at Jegs's site as the seller on Eb** won't ship international !!

Lilian

after a night of research (sort of), I found a shop in Germany that sells AMD for what it looks to me a good price

AMD 70 cuda full floor is 458 euros + shipping to me. at today's rate, it is $ 550-580 for the part

RUNCHARGER

That sounds reasonable and saves you the hassle of importing.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: Lilian on September 27, 2017, 12:19:31 AM
after a night of research (sort of), I found a shop in Germany that sells AMD for what it looks to me a good price

AMD 70 cuda full floor is 458 euros + shipping to me. at today's rate, it is $ 550-580 for the part

See I told ya ! Good deal

Lilian

the currency rate should be the reason of their good prices.

waiting for the final quotation from them as I also ordered new vinyl top moldings

Chryco Psycho

The difference was in the fuel system venting between 70 & 71 so the floor should be different