Main Menu

Good mark firewall

Started by truckinman466, February 12, 2018, 06:34:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

truckinman466

Has anyone had experience with the good mark firewall? It seems they are out of stock on amd ones. Are there any difference in the thickness of the metal? How do they fit?

anlauto

Contact Tamraz's . They have a huge warehouse and keep AMD panels in stock. A lot of times they will have them when AMD does not.
Here's one currently listed on EBay, but I would pick up the phone and call BEFORE buying it to avoid a back order situation. :alan2cents:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70-74-Mopar-E-Body-without-A-C-No-Air-Conditioning-Firewall-Fire-Wall-AMD-/253207138058?vxp=mtr&hash=item3af4524f0a
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cataclysm80

Quote from: anlauto on February 12, 2018, 07:02:41 PM
Contact Tamraz's . They have a huge warehouse and keep AMD panels in stock. A lot of times they will have them when AMD does not.
Here's one currently listed on EBay, but I would pick up the phone and call BEFORE buying it to avoid a back order situation. :alan2cents:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70-74-Mopar-E-Body-without-A-C-No-Air-Conditioning-Firewall-Fire-Wall-AMD-/253207138058?vxp=mtr&hash=item3af4524f0a

I tried that last summer when AMD was sold out of quarter panels.
Tamraz had them listed on eBay from AMD.
The price was more than $100 higher than ordering directly from AMD, but I was willing to pay IF they actually had it in stock and could ship it.
I called them, and they promised me that they had it in stock, so I placed the order.
Then they don't ship the part for two months until AMD has them back in stock again.  Still charged me higher than AMD price also.   :angry:
I wouldn't believe anything they say on the phone.
Google search revealed LOTS of people with the same experience.

I'd only shop from them again if I could stop by and pick up the stuff in person.

truckinman466

But this doesn't answer the question asked

anlauto

No you're right sorry. I have no personal experience with the Goodmark firewall, but there's most like a reason why the cheaper, poorer quality ones are in stock and the more expensive, better quality AMD ones are out of stock.

Again, might be worth a call to Tamraz's , explain that AMD is out of stock and you only want to pay for the item if they can put eyes on it a ship it the same day, not an unreasonable ask.....I've done this before and got lucky.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration