Main Menu

Headlamp adjusters

Started by Harley, August 17, 2020, 08:31:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Harley

This may be a dumb question but here it goes. On my TA the headlamp adjusters are installed with the plastic portion facing forward and the steel part is in the back. On the new ones the screws are through the metal part then into the plastic, leading me to believe that these should be installed from the back side with the metal protruding forward. What is the correct way to install these? Thanks in advance for your advice.

jimynick

To the best of my recollection, the extended plastic portion of the adjuster points forwards, otherwise the steel sealed beam buckets would bottom out in their housings and you wouldn't be able to aim them.  :alan2cents:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

That's just the way the new ones are shipped. Take the screws out and install them the same way your old ones are in the car :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Harley

Claudia

:alan2cents: My '71 Cuda was the same way as you described above (headlight adjusters were installed with the plastic portion facing forward and the steel portion toward the rear of the car).  When I purchased new adjusters the screws were through the metal part and then into the plastic.  I did as suggested above and flipped the screws around before installation.