Main Menu

Headlight Bucket Spring Question

Started by Daveh, August 09, 2018, 07:53:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

Can someone tell me how the spring circled in the picture is attached?  Looks like it just screws into the hole and then hooks on the headlight bucket.  All I see is that scratching my pretty purple paint.  What am I missing?  Thanks

Dave

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Daveh

YUCK - Can't avoid scratching the paint that way.   :o

Anybody come up with any ingenious way of pitting them in without scratching the paint? 

Chryco Psycho

Put a clear rubber cabinet door stop with a hole through the center under the spring with the screw through the stop

anlauto

Your pretty purple paint should be blacked-out there anyways...and really the only scratches will be inside the screw hole :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

You are correct about the black but it's not a concours car and as everyone here always says build it the way you like it and that's just what I did, the way I wanted.  Thanks

Claudia

I agree with Alan in the fact that you shouldn't have any scratches once installed as the screw goes down through the center of the spring and just screws into the headlight bucket mounting bracket so you shouldn't have any scratches other than in the screw hole?