Main Menu

Hood hinge spring interchange/reproduced?

Started by HemiStan, May 22, 2018, 02:31:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HemiStan

Hello,

I have what I believe to be the correct 1970 hood hinges for my car but they are missing the springs. I was told that '66-'70 B-body springs would interchange but after taking some measurements, I am not so sure. 

Will B-body springs work?  Is there a reproduction spring that will work or do I need to start looking for another set of hinges?

Thanks!
Stan

Cuda Cody

Springs are not very hard to find so you would be better off buying some springs for yours.  There are different size springs for different weight hoods.  T/A hoods got a special spring as did the AAR's.  I think Shaker hoods got a different spring too, but there's used springs out there.  Might check with @MoparDave  to see if anyone makes new springs.

MoparDave

As Cody mentioned the differences in the spring. the only way to get new springs are to buy new AMD hinges which I can provide. but they do not sell the spring separately. the Dynacorn hinges do not come with the spring. Used hinges are out there and can be bought relatively cheap.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Dakota

I'm replacing the hinges and springs for my 70 Challenger (Rallye hood) because the hinges are worn out. You're welcome to the old springs if you can wait about a month for them. I have other work to finish before I pull the hood off. 

HemiStan

Quote from: Dakota on May 23, 2018, 07:21:42 AM
I'm replacing the hinges and springs for my 70 Challenger (Rallye hood) because the hinges are worn out. You're welcome to the old springs if you can wait about a month for them. I have other work to finish before I pull the hood off.

Thanks for the info everyone!  I appreciate it!

Dakota:  I would definitely be interested in your old springs.  You wouldn't happen to be going to the Central NY Mopar show on June 24th, would you?  I am going to try and make it up there for the show. 

http://www.cnymopar.com/2018Show.htm

Stan

Dakota

Quote from: HemiStan on May 23, 2018, 09:41:27 AM
Quote from: Dakota on May 23, 2018, 07:21:42 AM

Dakota:  I would definitely be interested in your old springs.  You wouldn't happen to be going to the Central NY Mopar show on June 24th, would you?  I am going to try and make it up there for the show. 

Stan

Stan - I won't be attending the show, but I certainly hope you have a great time if you make it.  Just PM me your full name and mailing address when you get a chance and I'll mail you the springs once I pull them.   

HemiStan