Main Menu

Hood Insulation?

Started by drew43a, August 04, 2019, 06:47:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

drew43a

can anyone share a photo of the hood insulation on the dual scoop hood?  i bought a repro but not sure if its correct. it has no cutouts in it. is that correct?

anlauto

YES...the hood insulation does not have cut outs for scoops, that would kinda defeat the purpose. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

drew43a

i noticed some reproduction ones  have a round hole cut out. i was thinking that was maybe for the air cleaner?

Burdar

Two different styles were used.  Molded and generic non molded.  I think they switched to a generic style in the later years.(or they had different venders)  I think my 73 originally had the generic style so that's what I put back on.  Someone sent me a picture of a survivor 74 Cuda and it had the generic style as well.   If you aren't concerned with being 100% correct, definately put a molded one on.  They look nicer but are more money.

blown motor

Be careful with the molded one and the air cleaner height. I put a molded one on mine to replace the generic one that was on it. It rubbed on the pie pan top of the air breather and was scratching it so I cut the hole a little bigger. It still rubbed, just a little further out on the pie pan.  :headbang:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel