Main Menu

Hood To Radiator Seal Question

Started by Daveh, May 08, 2018, 06:18:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I put on my hood to radiator seal last night and it fit like a glove.  The only issue I have is the clip that goes in the hole just above where the hood striker is bolted to won't fit.  It seems that the rubber is hitting the bold a little so I shaved a little of the rubber off and that didn't work either. 

Has anyone ever encountered this and what was your fix?  Thanks

Dave

Cuda Cody

I've not had that problem yet.  Have you tried a few different clips to see if maybe a different one fits?

Daveh

I have but no luck.  All the others popped right in, I think the bolt on the striker inside the hood is holding it up.  I was trying to get around it but left it for the night.  All the rest are fine it will probably be fine but I'll figure it out all the same. 

cordodge

I have a new one but did not install as I wasn't sure if it would wear the paint in the area?  :dunno:

Burdar

QuoteI think the bolt on the striker inside the hood is holding it up.

Is it the correct bolt?  Could it be too long?  Would a shorter bolt not block the hole?

What year are you working on?  The newer cars used small plastic clips.  The earlier years used larger metal clips.

Daveh

It's a 71 and I bought the stainless clips and used a little grease on them to prevent the area from rusting.