Main Menu

how to remove my 70 cuda window felts?

Started by gaddied, March 25, 2020, 10:21:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gaddied

I want to replace the window felts on my 70 Cuda . The ones on the body are worn and missing some rubber. So what is the easiest way to remove the old ones and install the new ones . I have a new set coming from Roseville parts.

RUNCHARGER

Pull them upwards and towards the window glass at the same time, start at one end. When you get your new ones you will see the clips that hold them to the body and it will all make sense.
Sheldon

anlauto

I know it sounds like a pain....but the job is easier with the interior panel removed (maybe you're replacing the inside felts to?) then remove the down-stop rubber block inside the door and even the two felt guides at the inside top, that way you can push the glass inward and also having the window rolled down further helps.

Again, you may be able to get away without doing any of that, but a few extra step will make the job go by much easier :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Car-nutt

Does anyone have pictures of the rear outer window felts

anlauto

Quote from: Car-nutt on March 25, 2020, 12:22:39 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the rear outer window felts

Let me guess...They're not fitting in your AMD installed quarters ?

Here you go... @Car-nutt
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Car-nutt

gaddied