Main Menu

How to restore a dual snorkel air cleaner

Started by 303 Mopar, December 02, 2017, 07:56:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

headejm

Thanks for the article. Good timing as I am in the process of redoing mine. In the article, he states:

"The proper location for the decal is the passenger side. We've seen a number of these decals placed on various locations on the air cleaner such as dead center on the front and that is incorrect. "

My unrestored air cleaner has the sticker in the front between the two snorkles. I checked my Dave Wise book and the sticker location is not really clear. My engine is a 1970 RT has a 383 Magnum. What is correct?  :notsure:

CudaMoparRay

Maybe I can make this one look better, should be quite unique.

Chryco Psycho

Do you know what that one is from , Maybe a Van ?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: headejm on December 02, 2017, 10:34:41 AM
In the article, he states:

"The proper location for the decal is the passenger side. We've seen a number of these decals placed on various locations on the air cleaner such as dead center on the front and that is incorrect. "

My unrestored air cleaner has the sticker in the front between the two snorkles. I checked my Dave Wise book and the sticker location is not really clear. My engine is a 1970 RT has a 383 Magnum. What is correct?  :notsure:

I was always told the side. I have seen a few dead center though. A buddy of mine has a handful of un-restored air cleaners and they are all on the side  :notsure:

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

headejm

@69bronzeT5  Do you know if your friend has any pictures of the un-restored air cleaners showing the label on the side? I would appreciate seeing some of them.  :thankyou:

RUNCHARGER

Make sure to have a few beers so they go on crooked the way the factory boys did it. I think most of them went on the side but it's been a while since I seen an intact original.
Sheldon

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 02, 2017, 02:03:52 PM
Do you know what that one is from , Maybe a Van ?

Bought it off e-bay supposedly a 360 Hi Performance Police car filter BUT although the description did not sound or look right I thought it was interesting.
I particularly like the small angle of the snorkels as compared to the wider angles on most others.
Anyway to answer your question; it is most likely for a motor-home or a van like you said unless someone knows different.