Main Menu

In need of 1971 Cuda Driver side Mirror hole measurement

Started by 76orangewagon, March 09, 2018, 01:40:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

I am going to weld in a patch panel in place of the all the years of crappy mirror hole modifications to my drivers side outside mirror location. I have the nut inserts, although I'm thinking about welding nuts on the back side of my 1 1/2" x 6" patch but am unsure of the proper front hole location, you can see why in the picture. The rear hole seems to be 19 1/2" from the front door edge but I need a accurate front hole measurement. The car is originally a manual adjusted chrome mirror so I don't know why it has the hole for the remote control,  maybe they all came that way of the door was swapped out sometime. Does anyone have the correct measurements for a 1971 driver side mirror. Thanks in advance for any and all help.   

6bblgt

all '70-'71 driver's doors are the same, set up for both the manual & remote mirror

center-line of insert/mirror mounting holes is 3.0"

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

76orangewagon

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 10, 2018, 04:12:38 AM
all '70-'71 driver's doors are the same, set up for both the manual & remote mirror

center-line of insert/mirror mounting holes is 3.0"

Thanks Dan.  :bigthumb:

CudaMoparRay

Wondering if all these unusual year and model specific tips could be compiled and put in one specific area like resources tab or another new tab? :thinking:
This way we could look them up according to our own particular vehicle types.

76orangewagon

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on March 10, 2018, 12:06:29 PM
Wondering if all these unusual year and model specific tips could be compiled and put in one specific area like resources tab or another new tab? :thinking:
This way we could look them up according to our own particular vehicle types.
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 10, 2018, 08:26:24 AM
Another archiver.

That would be nice, before posting the question I searched the archive, there is so much great info there.

cataclysm80

Just in case this helps someone...

This is a pic of my 1970 'Cuda mirror placement.
Yes, the car has been repainted once (by me long ago), and the mirror screw is an incorrect stainless steel screw that I installed during the repaint, but this car was stored inside unused from 1978 until I bought it in 1999, that's the original door with its door VIN sticker intact, and those are the original nutserts.  I unscrewed the mirror, painted the car, and reinstalled the mirror with new screws.  This nutserts are in their original 1970 installed location, and this picture is intended to represent that.

This is supposed to show the distance between the center of the screw head, and the body line above it.