Main Menu

Is it okay to install wiper linkage before lower windshield trim?

Started by nsmall, January 28, 2018, 06:09:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Im trying to finish off the engine bay items but have to wait until next week to install the lower windshield trim.  So question #1 is will it be okay to install the wiper linkage in the cowl prior to the lower windshield trim????

Obviously I will wait to put on the actual wiper arms and blades, I just want to put the linkage in and the cowl vents on prior to the lower trim going on.

Below is a pic of when I mocked the wiper up before tearing the car down. Question #2  Am I correct to assume the only bolt on the wiper linkage to go over the lower windshield trim is the upper bolt and that is the one that is chrome that comes with the kit?

Question #3 I have two black bolts that I am assuming go under the lower windshield trim?

A BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE.  Im almost done. :bradsthumb:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

usraptor

nsmall

Got it all hooked up last night.  Works and looks great.  Thanks.  I like working on the car with the hood off.  Thanks again folks.

One sad note, spent a lot of time cleaning a prepping the wiper linkage.  Something I will only know as the cowl vents cover it up now.   :bye:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

nsmall

My sweat was not in vain. yeah! Thanks for good news Runcharger.  No seriously, had a rough day at work so thanks man.

RUNCHARGER

Thats what cars and pets are for. To get us back into our happy place.
Sheldon