Main Menu

Lineup issues rear elastomeric?

Started by FSHTAIL, February 15, 2018, 04:40:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

Has anyone encountered lineup issues on a reproduction elastomeric Bumper in regards to bumperettes versus valance bumperette provisions?

Body shop called, the rear elastomeric bumper fitment popped right in like butter with the bumper brackets, side to side vs quarter panels were good, bumper to rear taillight panel is good.   

But once the bumperettes are on the elastomeric bumper, it's not lining up well against the AMD lower valance.     

The holes in the lower valance are a ways off that it looks terrible. 

Has anyone had this issue? 

I wasn't there to see it, not sure if it's the elastomeric bumpers bumperette spacing or the valance.   

Since you can't just redrill and move the holes in the elastomeric, looks like a lot of time to manipulate the valance?

This budget is getting tight. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

anlauto

This is a Tommy The Chryco rear bumper....I can't imagine them being that far out.....can the body shop send you pictures ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

the bumperette fillers are there, correct?

FSHTAIL

Quote from: anlauto on February 15, 2018, 04:52:59 PM
This is a Tommy The Chryco rear bumper....I can't imagine them being that far out.....can the body shop send you pictures ?
Yeah, they're Chryco's. 
I'll have to go there and see what's going on. 
Not sure I'll be able to go this Friday though.

FSHTAIL

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 15, 2018, 09:26:26 PM
the bumperette fillers are there, correct?
I would assume so, either they took them off of the original bumper or the new bumpers came with them, I'm unsure

FSHTAIL

Can anyone confirm this is an AAR rear lower valance style?     

I'm thinking they might have accidentally got a 73 to 74 valance with no exhaust tips with a completely flat bottom unlike the pictures shown with that little cut out notch in the bottom

FSHTAIL

K

HEMICUDA

The centerline dimension on the rear valance for the bumper guard cutouts is 46-1/16".  I've used several sets of the reproduction rubber bumpers, never having an issue.

Aar1064

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on February 15, 2018, 11:11:58 PM
Can anyone confirm this is an AAR rear lower valance style?     

I'm thinking they might have accidentally got a 73 to 74 valance with no exhaust tips with a completely flat bottom unlike the pictures shown with that little cut out notch in the bottom

This is the valance on my AAR. Cutouts are deeper compared to the AMD pic above.

HEMICUDA

The one in the AMD photo is a 71-74, 70 is a 70 only piece.  Dual cutout valances are the same, 70 is a 70 only piece.