Main Menu

Lower core support

Started by Cbridgewater, August 18, 2019, 08:52:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cbridgewater

My lower core support for my 72 challenger is going to need some straightening. See photo. Can anyone provide a photo of how it is supposed to look on the engine bay side?

Cbridgewater

dodj

I would if I could, but my rad is installed right now. Try looking at some of the resto threads, there's bound to be some engine bay pics that show that area?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

MoparDave

it should be straight.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Rdchallenger

Just saw this, I will snap a picture of my 73 this evening after work for you.

Cbridgewater

Quote from: Rdchallenger on August 20, 2019, 06:06:51 AM
Just saw this, I will snap a picture of my 73 this evening after work for you.

Very much appreciated!

70 Challenger Lover

They are always bent by guys thinking it's a good jack point.

On mine, I removed the radiator and got in there with a hammer and dolly. You can make it nice and flat in 10 minutes. Once the radiator is hanging back in, there should be around 1/2" gap underneath or so.

If it's really bad and you don't object to a non stock look, consider the one from US Car Tools. Inexpensive and the metal is twice as thick. It welds in place in minutes once the old one is cut out. I put one in on another project of mine and it was a nice upgrade.

Cuda Cody

:twothumbsup:

Rdchallenger

Cbridgewater

I was really thinking about the US car tools ones. That may be the route I end up going