Main Menu

Lower sill blackout

Started by Mrbill426, December 28, 2023, 08:07:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

https://www.e-bodies.org/Resources/Engineering_Illustrations/Black_Out_Sill_Lower_Cuda.pdf

This (1969) engineer drawing indicates black organisol was applied from the center-line of the sill moldings, down to the bottom.  Was this done on all e-bodies; all car colors, and all years '70 to'74?  Only on cars with sill moldings? 
And since the moldings do not completely reach from wheel well to wheel well, did the blackout go all the way anyway?  Looks like it did.

Thanks!

Mr Cuda

Talking Cuda,  not barracuda
70 pinchweld only
71 below moulding
72-up none
72 moulding is shorter than 71

MoparLeo

That is clearly a Challenger picture and as you said, dated 10/69.
The 70 Cuda used a wide, plastic fish gill molding unique to that year.
Saying the factory did anything on everycar for every year is a very broad question. And very unlikely as some things changed from year to year.
What is your actual question really ? Do you have a 70 Cuda ?
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Mrbill426

@Mr Cuda thank you for clarifying.  :bigthumb:   Ours is a 72 (Cuda), so then in gets no blackout below the sills.

Quote from: Mr Cuda on December 28, 2023, 08:40:45 PMTalking Cuda,  not barracuda
70 pinchweld only
71 below moulding
72-up none
72 moulding is shorter than 71

Mrbill426

@MoparLeo the drawing you posted is not the one I am referring to, it is the drawing called "Black_Out_Sill_Lower_Cuda.pdf".

Anyway, since most of the drawings I have found refer to the 1970 models I did ask a broad question whether the subject drawing pertained to all (or other) years.  I did receive an answer to my actual question, from Mr Cuda, that indicates our '72 Cuda should not have black-out at and below the sills moldings.
Thanks

Quote from: MoparLeo on December 28, 2023, 09:29:27 PMThat is clearly a Challenger picture and as you said, dated 10/69.
The 70 Cuda used a wide, plastic fish gill molding unique to that year.
Saying the factory did anything on everycar for every year is a very broad question. And very unlikely as some things changed from year to year.
What is your actual question really ? Do you have a 70 Cuda ?