Main Menu

AMD windshields... how bad or not are they?

Started by Scooter, March 19, 2024, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Scooter

Last year I buffed out a scratch in my 74 Challenger windshield that the previous owners son had left with broken wiper blade. It was deep.. very deep.. and cut right through the drivers side FOV. After buffing it out there is a lot of distortion I simply cannot get used to. Looking at an AMD replacement windshield.. tinted version.

Windshield - Green Tint - 70-74 E-Body

I've heard at times their glass fitment is less than stellar.  Anyone have recent experience?

Rich G.

I got a clear windshield from AMD and it was fine. I got windshields for my Cuda's from my local glass guy and had no problems. Unless you're looking for something with all the original markings.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Rich G. on March 20, 2024, 05:42:22 AMI got a clear windshield from AMD and it was fine. I got windshields for my Cuda's from my local glass guy and had no problems. Unless you're looking for something with all the original markings.

I think you can get PPG ones from local glass shops without any issue. You can also have ECS etch them with original marking too if that is important to you.

Scooter

^^^ Thanks both.. had been hearing varied reports over the years. Don't need original with stock etchings.. not much of my Challenger is original anyway.

Marty

Bought both front and rear AMD tinted glass for a Barracuda and they fit just fine.

Fern

Bought AMD glass for my vert. All was good a d fit good