Main Menu

Need pics of TA / AAR washer hose routing under the hood

Started by Ricomondo, August 23, 2019, 08:27:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Ricomondo

Looking for a pic of the hose routing for the underside of the TA hood please?
My repop hood didn't have the holes for the squirters, so I got that squared away with dimensions from an original hood. Now I need to know how to connect the hose and attach. I'm assuming there's a T involved, but where and are there straps involved as well? Thanks!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

anlauto

This is original AAR Cuda
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

IRON MAN

I've talked with the owner of this T/A several times at Goodguys. Probably see him this weekend at Goodguys. He was kind enough to allow me to photo document his T/A last year.

Ricomondo

Quote from: anlauto on August 23, 2019, 08:45:56 AM
This is original AAR Cuda

Thank you! I'm assuming the TA would use the same setup? Looks to be one T, and maybe two clamps?

70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Ricomondo

Quote from: IRON MAN on August 23, 2019, 09:13:10 AM
I've talked with the owner of this T/A several times at Goodguys. Probably see him this weekend at Goodguys. He was kind enough to allow me to photo document his T/A last year.

Thank you! Looks to be the same as Alan posted above.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

JH27N0B

Ray, if you don't already have it, Barrys 173 mile T/A DVD is a good reference for things like that.

IRON MAN

Quote from: ricomondo on August 23, 2019, 12:46:53 PM
Quote from: IRON MAN on August 23, 2019, 09:13:10 AM

Thank you! Looks to be the same as Alan posted above.

The reason I posted a photo is it shows how the wiper fluid hose connects to the tee. The previous photos do not show a feeder hose. I'll get a better picture tomorrow if this T/A is at Goodguys. Should be. It was in the last three Goodguys shows. I too am curious because I purchased a YO T/A hood that needs the squirter holes and correct routing.

Ricomondo

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 23, 2019, 12:53:30 PM
Ray, if you don't already have it, Barrys 173 mile T/A DVD is a good reference for things like that.

Completely forgot about that car! Thanks Brad. Will contact him to see about purchasing.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

JH27N0B

Actually the best resource I found for engine component details when I was putting my T/A together was some pictures Mopar Action had on their website of Frank Badelson's unrestored T/A. Sadly that disappeared when they shut down a few years ago.  I don't know if they resurrected those features when they came back, I haven't looked at their website.
The pictures were very high resolution, and you could zoom in and see just about any wire or hose routing easily.
They also had pictures of Dave Waldens OE 440 Challenger that helped with some chassis details.
I saved the T/A pics before they took down the site.  I'll see if I can find them and email them to you.  They are no doubt copy written so I probably can't post them online.

screamindriver

I see in your pic the washer hose was run through the hole in the cowl...It seems like the logical routing for that line but I've been told numerous times it wasn't intended for the hose...I've run mine through there for convenience but it does seem to get pinched and unhooked from the tee fitting quite a lot ...