Main Menu

Shaker water drain hoses ?

Started by Racer57, January 22, 2018, 07:49:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

I have 6" heater hoses on mine basically pointing straight down. What did the factory use, how long and where did they go ?

usraptor

Here's some pics of my original Shaker Base with the drain hose still attached.  Since I'm the second owner of the car I can't tell you if the hose is original, but it appears to be.  I tried to find a part no. or any other manufactures stamps on it with out success.  It has a bit of a curve in it from years of being on the car, so it was hard to get an accurate measurement by myself but appears to be between 9 and 10 inches long and the OD is about 7/8."  I can't tell you how the hose is positioned over the engine as the Shaker was off the car when I bought it but as short as it is, it just appears to hang off the side/rear of the engine where ever it is positioned.  Hope this helps you out.

anlauto

Yup.....just run them straight down :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Racer57

Thanks. I didn't know if they were short or ran all the way down past the spark plugs. My car is a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way from numbers matching, but was curious where the factory felt was the best place.