Main Menu

photos of original AAR windshield and door glass date codes

Started by dragcuda, July 05, 2018, 05:37:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dragcuda

Anyone have photos of or link to original location and image of the etched logo and date code for windshield and door glass for an AAR Cuda.  i need to get new as what is on car was already replaced and if I get it date coded, i want to make sure it is correct. Quarter and rear windows are original. Interestingly, the right quarter and rear window are backward images when viewed from outside the car. Was that normal?

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @dragcuda   :welcome:  I think there was an article in a mopar magazine that explain the dates.  I know that Dave Wise @MMC Detroit  also put that info in his book.  I'll see if I can find the magazine article....  stand by.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Here's a sample photo of the quarter glass on a Mopar.

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

More date coded cuda glass locations....

dragcuda

Great! That establishes the locations. Since AAR's were made in a short time period, I'm guessing the image will be consistent. Is what you send of the side window what I would expect to be the image and will it be backward like the quarter windows. BTW, my glass is tinted. If anyone with an AAR could post photos, that would be awesome.

anlauto

AAR's would have the same glass as any other Cuda of that same time period, nothing special there :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dragcuda

Thanks, Alan. That opens up the possibilities. Does anyone have photos of their tinted glass date codes for a 1970 barracuda built in march or april of 1970 that I could view?  Thanks so much.

JS29

I think he is looking to know what the date codes should be on there! the date code should be the same or close because thay were built all close to the same time.   :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

That quarter window date shown above was from a Cuda scheduled to be built 10-6-1969

HR738

My AAR's SPD's are 320 and 416, both tinted glass. I'll see if I can post some pics tomorrow.

76orangewagon

Quote from: dragcuda on July 06, 2018, 12:30:20 PM
1970 barracuda built in march or april of 1970 that I could view? 
I think that March or April Glass would be to late for an AAR, I have a AAR Cuda 8.75 center section that I removed many years ago and its dated January 12, 1970 and the glass in my April 30 1971 Cuda is November 1970.

Aar1064

I was able to polish the original glass on my AAR. The dates are all over the place.
Drivers quarter glass:
79-July '69 Read from inside, etched on inside.
Passenger quarter glass:
109-October '69. Read from inside, etched on outside.
Passenger door glass:
119-November '69. Read from outside, etched on inside.
Drivers door not legible.
Rear glass:
10-Jan. '70. Read from outside, etched on inside
Windshield was bought from ECS and has date code but can't remember what it is and can post later if needed.

HR738

Photo order is;
DS 1/4, 109, Oct '69. Etched inside, facing out
DS Front, 10, Jan '70. Etched outside, facing in
PS 1/4, 99, Sept '69. Etched outside, facing in
PS Front, 109, Oct '69. Etched inside, facing out
Rear, 10, Jan '70. Etched inside, facing in

The AAR's SPD is 320. Windshield replaced, the rest of the glass believed to be original.