Main Menu

Picture request

Started by blown motor, March 11, 2017, 01:23:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Can someone please post a picture of the correct screws for holding the parking lights in place on a Challenger? Or even just a pic of the head (still on the car).
Thanks.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

I think I have a photo....  Just have to find it.  Give me a bit and I'll find it.

71GranCoupe

These should help. 12-24 threads

blown motor

Thank you. The search is on.

jimynick

Did they twist off Murray? They usually do unless you very carefully heat the cast aluminum leg they screw into. You can cheat- use a #10 or 12 countersunk head 1/2" screw from Home Deport and simply grind aout an 1/8th off the end. Guess how I know this? If you talk nice to Alan, I bet he's got some.  :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Spikedog08

If you have issues . . . I have a hardware store here in my home town that sports an incredible amount of fasteners . . . A ton more than home depot . . . I will look for you if you want.

:clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

Quote from: jimynick on March 12, 2017, 09:38:35 PM
Did they twist off Murray? They usually do unless you very carefully heat the cast aluminum leg they screw into. You can cheat- use a #10 or 12 countersunk head 1/2" screw from Home Deport and simply grind aout an 1/8th off the end. Guess how I know this? If you talk nice to Alan, I bet he's got some.  :yes:

No they didn't twist off. A PO loaded the car up with a WIDE assortment of fasteners at some point in the past. I don't have quite all of them replaced yet. Of the four lower screws that hold the parking lights in they have three different heads.

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 12, 2017, 10:04:03 PM
If you have issues . . . I have a hardware store here in my home town that sports an incredible amount of fasteners . . . A ton more than home depot . . . I will look for you if you want.

:clapping:

Thanks Dave. The Napa store in town has a great selection of automotive fasteners. I'll check there first.

jimynick

"Of the four lower screws that hold the parking lights in they have three different heads" - You've gotta love those red Robbies, eh?  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"