Main Menu

70 challenger headlight trim u nut

Started by tparker, November 21, 2022, 05:00:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I'm getting ready to put the headlight trim (bezel?) back on but I need to find or buy the u nuts. Does anyone have any photos of what they look like?

Thanks
Tom

bc3j

I've heard them called Tinnerman nuts growing up. Spring nuts also. I got some at my local Ace Hardware store. 8-32 size stainless steel screws is what I used with the appropriate u-nut. I don't know if 8-32 is the correct size, but that's what I used.

tparker

Awesome thanks. I found a couple of mine but still missing a couple. I must have a box of a handle of missing nuts, bolts and stuff like this.

Part stores suck, lol. Napa was completely unhelpful and probably had them but they had no sizes in their book. Everything is listed as application specific. Stupid. I bought a couple from another hardware store but they mixed in 2 different sizes and I didn't see that. Arg. Most hardware stores are ransacked with parts like these. I have one more locally I can try.

bc3j

Know what you're saying. Those small boxes with the fasteners alway get mismatched. I just take a screw with me for fit. Found several in the wrong bin in the box, but did get what I needed.