Main Menu

Front Window Regulator Lift Channel Roller Replacement

Started by Dmod1974, October 07, 2022, 11:18:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dmod1974

I managed to score a pair of 1970 lift channels for my windows, but naturally, the Nu Relics regulators come with the smaller round rollers instead of the larger square ones used on earlier cars.  How do I replace these?  I had to buy new and old hardware kits since my doors were apparently off of early and late build cars, so I'm good to go there.  I'm just not sure how these get replaced since they aren't tubular rivets like I'm used to seeing on other cars.  The rivets or roller pins seem solid on these so I want to make sure I'm doing this right before I trash a set of brand new power window regulators.  Thanks in advance....

anlauto

Got some confusion here...ALL 1970-1974 E Body horizontal "lift channels" are the same width. YES, some regulators have round rollers, and some have rectangle slider blocks, but the channels themselves are the same :alan2cents: The Nu-Relics regulators work perfectly with the lift channel.

The only channels that changed width over the years was the front vertical channel which has nothing to do with the window regulator  :foul:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dmod1974

Interesting...  I guess I assumed I'd need to swap them over since the window rollers that came in my 1972+ hardware kit are much smaller than the square ones in the earlier year kit.  The round rollers don't seem to fit the channel and would easily pop out while the square ones fit perfectly.  Maybe those rollers are for something else?  I'll check the lift channel to roller fit with whatever is actually on the Nu Relics regulators tomorrow when I get home.  Sounds like it might be a non-issue after all.

Dmod1974

Quote from: anlauto on October 07, 2022, 12:24:25 PM
Got some confusion here...ALL 1970-1974 E Body horizontal "lift channels" are the same width. YES, some regulators have round rollers, and some have rectangle slider blocks, but the channels themselves are the same :alan2cents: The Nu-Relics regulators work perfectly with the lift channel.

The only channels that changed width over the years was the front vertical channel which has nothing to do with the window regulator  :foul:

Not that I expected any different, but you were right.  The lift channels fit the as installed regulator rollers perfectly.

The hardware kits for both styles of windows that I have must include the rollers and "rivets" for the single regulator arm roller that rides in the small horizontal idler channel that bolts to the inside door shell.