Main Menu

Position of the fuel filler tube

Started by Jsand73440, February 25, 2023, 11:09:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jsand73440

Anyone know which way the fuel tube is positioned? The 73 challenger has an internal vacuum, is it position on the top or the bottom? I assume on the top.  :dunno:

Dakota

anlauto

Your filler neck tube is only going to fit in one way  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jsand73440

Quote from: anlauto on February 25, 2023, 02:21:51 PM
I know it will only fit in one way. Have you looked down the tube on a 73 challenger, you will see a built in vent. If you rotate the tube it could end up on the top of the bottom.

Dmod1974

Quote from: Jsand73440 on February 25, 2023, 02:29:53 PM
I know it will only fit in one way. Have you looked down the tube on a 73 challenger, you will see a built in vent. If you rotate the tube it could end up on the top of the bottom.

Are you talking about the baffling inside?  There is no vent in the filler neck of those seeing as there is no external port to vent...

Like said, it only goes in one way.  The baffling will be up top.  I think it's there to minimize fuel nozzle spit back.

Jsand73440

Quote from: Dmod1974 on February 25, 2023, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: Jsand73440 on February 25, 2023, 02:29:53 PM

Are you talking about the baffling inside?  There is no vent in the filler neck of those seeing as there is no external port to vent...

Like said, it only goes in one way.  The baffling will be up top.  I think it's there to minimize fuel nozzle spit back.

Okay, now we are getting somewhere. sorry I don't know the correct terminology. Yes, ok so the  baffling goes on top. Thank you