Main Menu

Quality sub frame repair near Denver or Phoenix?

Started by cartoonacus1, August 30, 2017, 12:32:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cartoonacus1

Hi All, I am new to this forum (am on others) and I am hoping to get some help. The car is a 1970 Dodge Challenger. Nothing special...318 / Automatic. The story: Back in 1985 a buddy bought the car with no title. He ended up letting sit in the back forty here in the desert of AZ for years before selling it to another buddy. This one bought a bunch of parts and got it running only to find out the motor was blown so he pulled it and sent to the machine shop. Machine shop said it had been bored 2x already and since it was a 318 no one would care about the numbers matching (probably right about that but who knows). While the motor was out my buddy stripped the interior figuring on getting some body work done. About this time, he meets a girl and the project sits. He decides to move in with his new love (they got married and she's great) and the car can't come. So I get it. Well, I was always a mechanical guy and not a body guy. I was also broke. So the car sits in my backyard until I meet a girl and decide to move in with my new love (we aren't married but she's also great) and the car can't come. My contribution is I got the title (YAY!) SO I pass it onto my next buddy whom I am SURE will finish it. He's already got a great girl, they are married and she has blessed this new union and promised to help fix it up! He strips the body and finds damage he believes beyond his repair expertise. All attempts to find a qualified person to make repairs to the right rear quarter and subframe have failed. He is now moving in 2 weeks. IF a legit person can be found he would like to drop it off at a body shop with a check to start the process. Otherwise, this 1970 Challenger with no miles driven since like 1985 and all the new parts sitting in boxes for 20 years will be offered for sale. I know forum guys generally to be the most passionate and knowledgeable around. Can anyone help with a guy in Denver (where the car is now) or in Phoenix (where I am now)? Thanks in advance and please feel free to message me. If I can't help him get this going now that I am older and wiser it will be a little stain on my soul!

MoparDave

reach out to Dan @303 Mopar  he is in aurora and knows a few good people that can probably take on this work of buy the car.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

303 Mopar

@cartoonacus1 - first congrats on finding a great lady and the Challenger.  I do not have room to take on this project but here are a couple of options here in Denver:

- Kevin at Kool Colors is a great guy, owns a T/A and is currently restoring on @CudaKat's '73 Cuda. (http://www.koolcolors.net/contact)

- Dallas at Joyride Motorsports specializes in Mopar restorations. (http://www.joyridecolorado.com)

- Cars Remember When just restored my buddies '71 GTX and did an AMAZING job!  (https://www.carsrememberwhen.com)

Hope this helps and that you get the car restored!

Cuda Cody

Looks like a neat project.  Welcome to the site and good luck with getting the car to someone that complete the metal work.   :fingerscrossed:

cartoonacus1

:bigthumb: Thanks guys, working the phones to my buddy now. :)

ec_co

:welcome: from Colorado!

I figured @303 Mopar would know. I was just down at Gerald's shop on Monday and tried to sneak a peak at the 'Cuda but Kevin was out at the moment.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cartoonacus1

Here's the follow up...Sounds like Dallas is gonna stop by my buddies house on Monday (Talk about service!) and check it out and he also has an appointment to run it by Kevin on Tuesday. Fingers are crossed for some good news about the actual condition. Again, super appreciate the tips @303 Mopar:veryexcited:

303 Mopar

Quote from: cartoonacus1 on September 01, 2017, 02:36:39 PM
Here's the follow up...Sounds like Dallas is gonna stop by my buddies house on Monday (Talk about service!) and check it out and he also has an appointment to run it by Kevin on Tuesday. Fingers are crossed for some good news about the actual condition. Again, super appreciate the tips @303 Mopar:veryexcited:

Happy to help!  I ran by Dallas' place today and saw his sweet sleeper GTX!