Main Menu

Quarter Window regulators

Started by Spikedog08, February 07, 2018, 08:26:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

So I have an issue with the driver side quarter window regulator as it doesn't crank up all the way and the gear starts to strip (jump / miss).  First question is . . . are they all the same for barracuda?  Will challenger regulators work as well?  Are they available reproduced?  How hard to replace? 

Thinking I may want to try to tackle this since the quarter window won't go up all the way, doesn't line up well with the door glass and looks like sh!t when up.   Thoughts? 

Thanks in advance!   :twothumbsup: 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

I'm pretty sure they are different because of the interior panel.  The Cuda's do not have the extra bracket to support the longer window crank.   You can see the differences between cuda and challenger quarter window regulators in these photos.  First photo is Cuda the second is Challenger.   :alan2cents:

Spikedog08

Ok How about hardtop to convertible?  Any differences there?  Think I'm gonna need one for a convertible . . not that the windows are up very much . . .  :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Shane Kelley

If hardtops are the same I have some regulators out of a 70 Challenger on the shelf. I would think vert and HT would be the same regulators but I don't know for sure.

Cuda Cody

Vert and Hardtop should be the same, but Challenger and Cuda are different.   :alan2cents:

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Spikedog08 on February 07, 2018, 09:35:46 AM
Ok How about hardtop to convertible?  Any differences there?  Think I'm gonna need one for a convertible . . not that the windows are up very much . . .  :dunno:

I believe by the numbers, they say verts and hardtops are different, but I have installed vert regulators in a hardtop and visa versa in Challengers. Accidentally put a Cuda in a Chally and it fit just fine, except the knob was recessed do to the difference in interior panels. Power window regs work in either, again, the book shows different numbers.  :alan2cents:

6bblgt

convertible regulators have a little clearance cut on the gear to prevent it from hitting somewhere, but I've not heard of anyone having problems using hardtop regulators