Main Menu

Rear 1/4 moldings: did they differ?

Started by kawahonda, September 04, 2018, 07:12:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

I notice that some aftermarket rear moldings are for certain years (71-74) and some say 1970. Did they differ?

My rear left is pretty crapped up and my right one is missing.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

anlauto

YES the 1970 ones have one less character line in them
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

Are the 1970s pointy and the 71+ are more square?

1 Wild R/T

70 trim.... Actually a SE type panel which is 70 only..

1 Wild R/T

71-74 trim...  See the line 3/4 way up the trim...

kawahonda

That helps. So 71s are pointy. 70 is more of a rectangle....

kawahonda

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

1 Wild R/T

I gotta say, the lighting & angle suck....  Those could be 71-4... Looking at them in person it's easy to see the difference once your aware of it.... Photos don't show it well & when the light is wrong....

Lets try this.... On a 71-4 there is a definite stamped line, the arrows point right at it...  70 doesn't have the line...

Nice car but if that R/T badge is as bad as it looks......  Someone needs to pay attention to details...

kawahonda

That really helps! So I should ask him to take a picture of the top angle, since that's where the stamped line is. Thanks 1 Wild!

RUNCHARGER

I agree the camera angle isn't the best. They look 70 but with a reflection right where the character line would be on a 71 molding.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 11, 2018, 05:49:07 PM
I agree the camera angle isn't the best. They look 70 but with a reflection right where the character line would be on a 71 molding.

Yeah, like Alan & you I think 70 but with those pictures I'd be hard pressed to say with any certainty.....

anlauto

I wasn't really affirmative either, but to me they look more like 70 than 71 in that picture. :alan2cents: