Main Menu

1970 'Cuda Valance

Started by 1970Cuda, December 18, 2019, 08:41:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1970Cuda

So now that I have my 'Cuda on the ground, we (painter and I) were test fitting the bumper and rear valance and something seems incorrect. There's a major space between the bumper and valance. (Unfortunately I didn't dissemble the vehicle and so I don't know if the valance is actually from the vehicle or purchased separately.)

From the attached picture, can anyone tell me whether this is off a 1970 or does it fit a later-model 'Cuda? Also, I know on the B-bodies there is a strip of rubber that runs between the body and the bumper. This is a neophyte question, but do the E-bodies have something similar?

I know I'm missing the support brackets that are 1970 only for the valance and I want to order those from Roseville, but if I need to purchase the correct valance or anything else I want to do that at the same time.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope everyone's projects are coming along well.

Jay Bee

Looks normal to me

JS29

anlauto

The center support will bring it up a bit, but otherwise normal :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

It's normal, the car was designed to be viewed from higher than 2 feet above ground.
Sheldon

HEMICUDA

70 valances are 70 "only", there are no "center supports" or spot welded supports like the 71-74, and the bottom edge is different.  The 70 valance is the only Cuda valance, from 70-74, that had nothing spot welded to it, single stamped piece of metal.  Yours looks perfect.

1970Cuda

Wow, what great feedback and guidance everyone - I really appreciate it. I've certainly been learning a lot restoring my first E-body and this forum has been an excellent resource for questions and information.

Thanks again for everyone's the assistance!

anlauto

Quote from: 1970Cuda on December 18, 2019, 08:41:38 AM

I know I'm missing the support brackets that are 1970 only for the valance and I want to order those from Roseville, but if I need to purchase the correct valance or anything else I want to do that at the same time.

All 1970 Cudas had the center support brackets, they will work with the rear valance you have, reguardless if it's a 1970 piece or not  as long as it has the screw holes along the bottom edge. Adding these brackets will/may slightly raised the valance more into place, but the gap will remain.

As you said, Roseville is a good source for the brackets :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

1970Cuda

Very cool and thanks. I'm just pleased that it's correct.

So I did speak with John at Roseville yesterday and ordered a set of the support brackets and bolt kit. Those folks are very helpful in assisting with ordering and answering questions.

Q: So these are painted the same color as the vehicle, correct? I'm assuming so, but thought I'd check. Thx.

anlauto

Typically yes, but they wouldn't have got great coverage  :alan2cents:

1970Cuda

I actually had a follow-on question if that's OK on the support bracket reinforcements that my 1970 shop manual indicates are used. I see the actual attachment places on my rear panel, but I didn't see where rosevillemoparts.com carriers them. If anyone knows where I can pick up a set, that'd be awesome.

Hope everyone's projects are coming along nicely.

plymth70

Are you still looking for brackets? i have a set that i made. can send pics

JS29