Main Menu

Rear seat black out

Started by Xghobo, December 04, 2023, 11:06:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Xghobo

Does anyone have good pictures of rear seat blackout paint for a convertible?
Not sure where to start and finish as well of how far up the wheel well to go from the floor?

larry4406

I don't recall seeing blackout there on my '71 barracuda vert.

@erik70rt is working on a challenger vert and I just scrolled thru his pics and didn't see blackout.

Xghobo

Quote from: larry4406 on December 04, 2023, 11:43:07 AMI don't recall seeing blackout there on my '71 barracuda vert.

@erik70rt is working on a challenger vert and I just scrolled thru his pics and didn't see blackout.

I am pretty sure it was only on light color cars like the rocker blackout was not on darker colors
Here is a pic of my car but it's pretty rusty and not detailed.IMG_1053.jpg

larry4406

Quote from: Xghobo on December 04, 2023, 11:53:55 AM
Quote from: larry4406 on December 04, 2023, 11:43:07 AMI don't recall seeing blackout there on my '71 barracuda vert.

I am pretty sure it was only on light color cars like the rocker blackout was not on darker colors

My '71 barracuda vert was a dark bronze color.

7E-Bodies

It's not a vert, but my 70 Challenger RT in F8 has the remnants of blackout that appears factory, as my interior is still untouched. If you want pics let me know. Since blackout was (I think) for keeping the paint color from showing during back seat occupancy, not sure if hardtop or vert would matter much. School me if I'm wrong.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

71vert340

I have a few photos taken several years ago of the blackout on my 71 Challenger convertible. I apologize for the poor quality of the photos. You get the idea. I took these before I repainted the floor pans. and wheel wells. I hope this helps. I probably have a couple of more.
Terry W.