Main Menu

Rear shock bolt access hole size 71-74 Cuda

Started by 70chall440, August 11, 2018, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70chall440

I am sure it is on here some place but I have not been able to find it; what is the size of the rear shock bolt access holes for a 71-74 Cuda (I'd suspect that Challengers were the same). For clarity, this isnt the top hole, these are the holes in the slanted vertical part of the floor.

Appreciate the help.
Mopar or no car!!!

Rich G.

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

Rich G.

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

Claudia

Are these access holes supposed to be on all '71's?  Mine does not have them so I am thinking that the trunk floor was replaced at some point and they never drilled new holes?

Burdar

Yes, all years should have them.  1970 was up top with a metal/rubber plug.  71-74 was on the side with an orange rubber plug.  I've seen some 71's with the 70 style.  Maybe they were very early cars?  :dunno:

QuoteYou're welcome, and don't call me sir!

QuoteRoger that!! 

:haha:  I'll never get tired of a little "Airplane" humor! Well done!

Claudia

Thanks for the clarification!  Seems odd . . . I don't recall any real issues installing my rear shocks.  :dunno:

Burdar

The hole isn't really needed.  You can access them from underneath ok.  It would have been nice if they would have used an antispin type nut on the front side.  Then you could use the hole in the truck floor without needing someone under the car.

Claudia