Main Menu

Rear valance to quarter panel joint

Started by 70RTSE383, August 15, 2019, 02:07:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70RTSE383

I am fitting my new AMD balance to the body. The AMD part looks very close to the original I still have. The lower quarters were replaced many years ago with unknown brand of part. They appear to have been replaced by a competent shop but the original lumpy valance was not on the car when I got it. I know I have some tweaking to do to get the ends to mate correctly. My question is what is the assembled panel joint suppose to look like. The end of the quarter panel has a bevel in it but without seeing a correctly done one I'm not sure where to go with this. Does anyone have a pic they can post showing looking down on it from bumper level  so I can see the silhouette of the joint?
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

Bullitt-

Here's my '73 Challenger OE panels the way they fit when I started .. No damage in the immediate area..

After reworking the bevel on the OE valance to be more acute they fit better.

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

jimynick

They sure do! Stock fitment looked like they'd been thrown on as the car went by; at least mine did. quality control wasn't quite what it is today, shall we say?
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

70RTSE383

Thanks bullitt that really helps.. yours looks much better after some work. The shape of these ends are puzzling. Looks great after you finished though.😊
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70