Main Menu

Scat Pac Bees

Started by JCode, October 16, 2023, 01:39:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JCode

The Scat Pac Bees that go on the rear glass are the original ones 2 inches high or 3 inches high ive seen both? I think they mount on the inside of the glass is that right

RUNCHARGER

This one is factory installed.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

The Scat Pak bee decals were actually printed on backing paper in the shape of the lower rear corner of the 1/4 window glass to aid the worker installing the decal to the correct location.
How close the worker got it in place varied by worker and how high or hung over he was that day.  :drunk:
I found the decal backing papers for my T/A when I removed the carpet. I bought some NOS bee decals from Frank Mitchell and found they were actually B body decals.  I trimmed their backings using the ones I found under my carpet, to help me installing them.
I probably spent 2 hours installing the bees on my car compared to the 2 seconds the line worker spent installing them in 1970. In my defense, the then 47 year old decals were very brittle and it was a painstaking process getting them off the backing paper and onto the glass intact. I wasn't happy at all with my AMD glass, and a few years later had my original glass polished and reinstalled, got another set of NOS bees, and had to repeat the process.  :headbang:

anlauto

Yea...their location can run wild for sure !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JCode

are they 2 inches high ? or 3

headejm

JH27N0B

For reference, here are the original backing papers from my T/A, and a picture of an NOS bee installed on my car using the backing paper as the template.

larry4406

Very cool!

What determined if a car got these?