Main Menu

Replacement FENDER TAGS - - UPDATE

Started by anlauto, November 19, 2021, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

So if I had of posted a picture of the new reproduction tag without posting the picture of the original tag would you say the "Y07" was in the wrong location ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: anlauto on December 17, 2021, 02:02:08 PM
So if I had of posted a picture of the new reproduction tag without posting the picture of the original tag would you say the "Y07" was in the wrong location ?
I would like to say I would have searched through my folder of fender tags just to check what was correct but, yes, I probably would have thought it was stamped wrong. Technically, it is stamped wrong. At least three times by the factory and now duplicated by your vendor.

Now the real question, if the factory makes a mistake and your car came with that mistake, is it really "wrong" if you duplicate that mistake? I say no, if you document it. We see this all the time with Mopar. Different parts installed on one side of car than the other, emblems placed incorrectly, items missing, various suppliers providing different versions of the same part number, etc.
Never say never with Mopar as they installed what they had on the assembly line and were in a hurry!

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Question for the OP . Are these tags tied to a customer car...or your own?

anlauto

Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on December 17, 2021, 06:13:43 PM

The AAR tags belong to a customer's car that I'm restoring...the earlier tags I posted of the FC7 Hemi clone convertible are also for a customer...the resto-mod tags are for my convertible :tool:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Quote from: anlauto on December 17, 2021, 07:22:56 PM

The AAR tags belong to a customer's car that I'm restoring...the earlier tags I posted of the FC7 Hemi clone convertible are also for a customer...the resto-mod tags are for my convertible :tool:

In case if you haven't, you might want to obtain consent from the AAR's owner for the use of his tags as a basis for this thread ....or at least let him know about the upload. Just a suggestion.

chris NOS

Quote from: MoparLeo on December 15, 2021, 01:18:54 PM
The "rib" on the top and bottom appear to be narrower than the original. The numbers are closer to the rib than original. But really, a 1000 times better than it was before. So you could tell it from an original but maybe that was the makers intention to avoid fakes being passed for originals./font]

I totally agree with that statement , on SAAC forum we are not tearing apart the  SFM plate number repro on public forum, to keep the détails that are wrong on repro staying there on next version  but now they got it so good that sometime it's realy hard to say... i would say it's more important than the mopar fender tag ,because it's the Shelby VIN , but still , for an E-BODY i would prefer being able to always distinct a real one from a fake ...let's say it's no more possible to see differences  then the cars with the broadcast sheet will be the highest valued car , hey wait !! they are reproducing those one too !!!! :help:

anlauto

Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on December 17, 2021, 08:36:04 PM

In case if you haven't, you might want to obtain consent from the AAR's owner for the use of his tags as a basis for this thread ....or at least let him know about the upload. Just a suggestion.

.and how do you know I haven't ? :yes:

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Quote from: anlauto on December 18, 2021, 04:03:27 AM
Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on December 17, 2021, 08:36:04 PM

.and how do you know I haven't ? :yes:

excerpt from my first sentence : " In case if you haven't"  : )

I wasn't trying to derail your thread.