Main Menu

Replacing quarter panel on a Cuda or Challenger

Started by Cuda Cody, June 26, 2017, 03:19:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JohnP

wheel road-force balance done??? Sorry for my ignorence??

JS29

Quote from: JohnP on July 20, 2018, 06:19:01 AM
All replaced new and double checked all ball joints.
The NEW wheel vintage wheel that I had replaced WAS the problem and the road force balance was what found It!  :alan2cents:

JohnP

I had all wheels checked for damage and balancing and found they were out of balance and had to rotate one tire. Is this what you mean by wheel road-force balance.

JS29

No, there is A machine the puts pressure on the tire while it spins. only certain places have it, high end tire shops and A few car dealers. you will have to call around. 

JohnP

Thanks for the information. I will speak to the panel shop and see if they know which company does this. I hope to have my car back in 2 weeks. If you have any information on the wheel aligment specifications with Alterktion please send them to me.

Have a nice day and thank you again for the information. I am going around to the panel shop now to see how they are going. It is 15.30 here now.

Cheers

JS29

I am sorry but I don't have any information on alignment specs on Alterktion setups. It is said that 1995 Mustang GT specs are good to use on stock E-bodys with radial tires.   

JohnP

Thank you for the reply. I am not too clued up on this site to send out to the general members or I would send out to them all. Maybe someone would know the settings.

Rdchallenger

What is this part called and where can I find one.. Or before I waste money, did it serve a purpose?

Rdchallenger

Ah thank you!!! When I got my car back from body shop purgatory the old outer wheel well was gone along with that.