Main Menu

Reproduction Headlight Bezels for 70 Challenger

Started by 1 Wild R/T, September 07, 2019, 04:49:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Just hoping to get some feedback on the quality of reproduction headlight bezels for a 70 Challenger?  How do the compare to OE? Is there more than one company reproducing them? 

70 Challenger Lover

I'm curious as well. I don't think I've ever come across an original that wasn't all chewed up.

Brads70

I have the repops on mine and am happy with them. Fit was good. Only issue I found was the paint came off super easy. I did mine is argent so I had to strip off the black paint. It easily wiped off with acetone and a rag. I lightly sanded the area's I was painting to give it something to stick to when I resprayed it.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/-cleaning-up-a-argent-1970-challenger-grill/69/

7E-Bodies

I was thinking Roseville had them. Perhaps I heard @MoparDave commenting over on the Facebook side, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it was good reports that I heard.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

I've recently used six sets from David at Roseville with no complaints. All the recent 70 Challenger's on my web site have them along with the reproduction grill :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparDave

thanks @anlauto , but yes we do have these in stock. they are produced by 1 mfg that everyone sells so it just comes down to who you want to buy them from. they do have tooling marks that are NOT seen other than that. they are a good piece that we have sold since they came to market.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

1 Wild R/T

The originals had tooling marks too... A long as they fit well & the areas that truly show look good I'm sure they are find.... Thanks Everyone!!!

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

1 Wild R/T

I actually have a friend that needs one, but will buy a pair since that appears to be how they are sold...

I actually have spare NOS ones, but I plan to hang on to those...