Main Menu

R/T trim options

Started by GoMangoBoys, April 22, 2020, 11:50:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

We are getting closer every day to completing the bodywork on our  70 Challenger R/T.  Based on my son's wishes,  we will most likely be painting the car Plum Crazy rather than our namesake Go Mango.
The car was born with a black vinyl top, but we will probably just paint the roof instead.
We will be likely adding the go Wing spoiler.

What trim / decals are appropriate for our car?  I don't want to go throw everything but the kitchen sink at it and make it look dumb by putting stuff on it that does not belong together  I am thinking that the black side strip with the R/T is appropriate.  What about the blacked out hood section?
Thanks

Chryco Psycho

I have a paint mix for Plum Crazy that is dead on , deep purple with metallic & looks great , not pale / washed out .
You have 3 choices , no stripe with R/t badges , Bee stripe over the tail in almost  any color with R/T badges  or the longitudinal stripe with the R/T as part of the stripe , , the black out hood decal was optional . You would have Challenger badges on 4 sides , fenders trunk lid & grille & R/T on the trunk lid & grille with any stripe pkg . R/T grille would be black with the inner 2 ribs around the center left silver . I prefer the look of the panel above the taillights being black like the T/A but that is not original unless you have the chrome trim panel like the SE

JS29

:iagree: With Chryco, Personally I like the longitudinal strip. I also like the V02 paint scheme, It's a to-tone using the vinyl top chrome to separate the colors. I had a yellow challenger with a black roof, I really liked that look.  :alan2cents: