Main Menu

SE Tail Panel Blues

Started by kent_goins, October 12, 2018, 12:11:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Has anyone used SPECIAL T's UNLIMITED (Bill Petrow) to restore their SE rear Aplique? Have not had good luck just FYI. Seems to be a real struggle to get him to produce a total quality product. He is based in Prospect Heights, Illinois.

KG

GY3R/T

I had him "restore" a set of 71 challenger head light bezels. Lousy paint detail and bezels contour didn't match leading edge of fenders. :angry:     He said just bend them to match.  :looney:
Never again.... And i have a butt load of alluminum to restore.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GY3R/T on October 12, 2018, 06:20:28 PM
   I had him "restore" a set of 71 challenger head light bezels. Lousy paint detail and bezels contour didn't match leading edge of fenders. :angry:     He said just bend them to match.  :looney:

Norm isn't far from you....

Shine on Me
239 S. La Esperanza
San Clemente, CA 92672
Attn: Norm Huie

Email: huiehome@cox.net
Phone: (949) 498-8974

GY3R/T

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 12, 2018, 06:34:24 PM

Shine on Me
239 S. La Esperanza
San Clemente, CA 92672

Have you by chance toured Norm's Business ?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GY3R/T on October 12, 2018, 09:02:10 PM

Shine on Me
239 S. La Esperanza
San Clemente, CA 92672

No, I haven't.... Don't need to, I've had work done by him & allot of other people I know have had work done by him....   With his address in San Clemente I suspect he takes the work elsewhere (probably 75 miles south), don't think there's much industrial going on in the San Clemente area.... End of the day I don't care, the work is very good.. Good enough that everyone I've recommended him to have have very positive things to say.... He tells you 5-6 weeks you have your parts in 5-6 weeks... He tells you a price, you pay what he quoted....

I sent him a stamped aluminum grill with some damage including a 3/4" tear.... I got back the same grill, it's beautiful & even on there back side the welded repair is hard to see..

Do you know who Mike Ross is? He owns B/E&A Mopar parts in Ohio, He's been responsible for a large portion of the reproduction parts getting made....  He posts as @HEMICUDA

He's been using Norm now for probably 4-5 years... And I've seen him recommend Norm to allot of people....  He could use anyone he chooses and for his highest end projects he may use someone else... I don't know but I've seen crap come from to many "High End" polishers or the dreaded take your parts & three years later your still waiting....  I'll keep using Norm, the work is very very nice, the price is fair & he gets stuff done....

There's King of Trim near you if you've got years to wait & $$$$$ to spend... There use to be All Trim.... If you had decades to wait & $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to spent....

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 12, 2018, 10:55:33 PM
Quote from: GY3R/T on October 12, 2018, 09:02:10 PM

You are correct Randy, Norm gets all my aluminum work from my Cudas, pink 70 fury to the 20+ pieces on my 4 door HEMI Coronet.  After finding him on the net, we had a very long conversation about the need for a quality company to do this type of work in the MOPAR hobby (he's a Ford guy).  He has never, ever let me down, always delivered quality work on or before when he said the work would be done.

Shine on Me
239 S. La Esperanza
San Clemente, CA 92672

No, I haven't.... Don't need to, I've had work done by him & allot of other people I know have had work done by him....   With his address in San Clemente I suspect he takes the work elsewhere (probably 75 miles south), don't think there's much industrial going on in the San Clemente area.... End of the day I don't care, the work is very good.. Good enough that everyone I've recommended him to have have very positive things to say.... He tells you 5-6 weeks you have your parts in 5-6 weeks... He tells you a price, you pay what he quoted....

I sent him a stamped aluminum grill with some damage including a 3/4" tear.... I got back the same grill, it's beautiful & even on there back side the welded repair is hard to see..

Do you know who Mike Ross is? He owns B/E&A Mopar parts in Ohio, He's been responsible for a large portion of the reproduction parts getting made....  He posts as @HEMICUDA

He's been using Norm now for probably 4-5 years... And I've seen him recommend Norm to allot of people....  He could use anyone he chooses and for his highest end projects he may use someone else... I don't know but I've seen crap come from to many "High End" polishers or the dreaded take your parts & three years later your still waiting....  I'll keep using Norm, the work is very very nice, the price is fair & he gets stuff done....

There's King of Trim near you if you've got years to wait & $$$$$ to spend... There use to be All Trim.... If you had decades to wait & $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to spent....