Main Menu

Dale’s cuda shop chrome side mirror

Started by 918Muscle, February 28, 2020, 05:46:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

918Muscle

I originally purchased a passenger chrome side mirror from classic industries for my 1974 challenger rallye and was looking to get the driver to match but classic industries has been on order for forever. I have no experience with dale's cuda shop but I see there is a driver side mirror for $109. Does anyone know of the quality comparison between dale's and OER? Thanks for the help.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Dales has always had good quality parts & is a honest company to deal with

918Muscle

OK. Just saw about a $30-40 price difference and wasn't sure if I would be getting any lesser quality, as dale's doesn't specify manufacturer.

anlauto

Quote from: 918Muscle on February 29, 2020, 05:23:24 AM
OK. Just saw about a $30-40 price difference and wasn't sure if I would be getting any lesser quality, as dale's doesn't specify manufacturer.

Dale's is the manufacture of the their mirrors., but there are a few companies that are making them, OER, another would be PG Classics, and possibly Vans Auto as well.  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I thought Dales stopped doing retail sales and you must buy their parts through other restoration parts retailers now?

69BFan

After the passing of Dale, Charlie began to cut back on the number of vendors that he was providing product too.  During that time, the number of primary vendors offering the DCS product line had basically dropped to seven vendors plus the E-Bay account that had for the past four to five years been the retail side of DCS.

The DCS business is now operating under the ownership of Quirey Quality Design.  Dave and I were able to finalize the transaction at the end of December 2019.  QQD is already heavily involved in the manufacturing and wholesale of restoration parts for the Mopar world.  The DCS product line will be available to the QQD wholesale accounts which account for over 200 vendors and restoration shops.  This will hopefully be good news to everyone.  All of the seven DCS vendors were already vendors of the QQD product line.  The big positive is that the QQD vendors will now be able to offer the DCS product line.  Larry will remain in place selling the product line through the E-Bay site. 

Additionally, several items had been dropped from the DCS product line and we are working to bring these products back into stock.  We have already completed several new projects and we have discovered a number of items that Dale and Charlie had under development and we will work to complete those pieces as well.

We view this as an exciting time for the Hobby and our position within the industry.  If any questions or concerns, please let me know.  Dave and I have basically been around this for 30 plus years each and it is just not a passing whim for us.  We gladly solicit input on issues that your experiencing, both good and bad. 

So reach out for your favorite vendor or myself and we will hopefully take care of your needs or offer what knowledge we can share.  I will post my direct contact information.  If Cody has an issue with me posting that information, please remove at your discretion.  Again thanks for years of support and we look forward to very good 2020.

Richard O'Shields
Ph. 404-643-5760
r.l.oshields@att.net
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

918Muscle

Quote from: anlauto on February 29, 2020, 05:28:57 AM
Quote from: 918Muscle on February 29, 2020, 05:23:24 AM

Dale's is the manufacture of the their mirrors., but there are a few companies that are making them, OER, another would be PG Classics, and possibly Vans Auto as well.  :thinking:

I had no idea, as I have never done business with them. Thanks for the info.