Main Menu

Shaker Cable Hole Location And Size

Started by Daveh, March 23, 2018, 06:46:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a clear picture of where the Shaker cable hole get's pinched through the firewall?  I'm pretty certain its left of the voltage regulator near the seam but I've read that it may be near where the A/C goes through the firewall.  Because shaker cars didn't come with A/C.  I'm installing A/C using a smaller A/C compressor that will fit under the shaker. 

Because of the A/C box and evaporator I may have to move it towards the middle to clear those????   :thinking:

Also what is the diameter of the cable hole?  Thanks

Dave

Cuda Cody

Here's an original 1970 Cuda shaker hole.

Daveh

Thanks Cody any idea on the diameter? 

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Daveh on March 23, 2018, 06:46:40 AM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a clear picture of where the Shaker cable hole get's pinched through the firewall?  I'm pretty certain its left of the voltage regulator near the seam but I've read that it may be near where the A/C goes through the firewall.  Because shaker cars didn't come with A/C.  I'm installing A/C using a smaller A/C compressor that will fit under the shaker. 

Because of the A/C box and evaporator I may have to move it towards the middle to clear those????   :thinking:

Also what is the diameter of the cable hole?  Thanks

Dave
My 70 Challenger has AC, but it was not a original SHAKER, I drilled a hole between the heater core inlet and outlet and the AC evaporator inlet and outlet. The length of the cable worked out perfect.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

I think it's between 7/8 to 15/16" hole.

Cuda Cody

I have a note that says it's .928".   I think I got that number from Mike.

Daveh

Thanks all.  I wish I would have thought of that hole prior to installing the engine and heater-A/C box.  I'll figure it out.  The convertible isn't original anyway so I can really put the hole anywhere as long as the cable functions.  Thanks again. 

76orangewagon

I took some measurements today if it helps out from my 1971 Cuda original shaker car. Looks like mines a little out of round but its between .875-.896.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration