Main Menu

Shaker Dilemma

Started by floorit426, April 10, 2021, 09:30:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

floorit426

I've owned my '70, for 45 years. In that time, the shaker has always been black. While I know that the color is incorrect, I've always liked it, and I consider it part of the car's history. My buddy, Topcat, showed up at my house today, driving his beautiful '71, with a freshly painted argent shaker. I am about to repaint my scoop, organisol black, but we decided to see what his scoop looked like, on my car. I didn't think I was going to like it, as much as the black, but it really looks nice. Now, I'm having second thoughts about the black. The wife still prefers the black. What do you guys think?

fc7cuda

Well, sounds like you need another bubble. 

anlauto

I think argent looks right at home on a 70....makes it look like a whole new car  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I like the argent but I get the history aspect.
Sheldon

njsteve

Looks like you gotta buy your wife another cuda and use the black shaker on that car. ;-)

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on April 11, 2021, 06:54:34 AM
I think argent looks right at home on a 70....makes it look like a whole new car  :banana:

I agree with Alan.

Mopsquad

Skdmark

70 'cuda for me would have an argent shaker. Compliments the grill and rocker moldings.

Kind of like matching your shoes and belt.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

HP_Cuda

I see your point with the black shaker as it makes it pop more.

Guess you could swap out shakers based on your mood? Heh.

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

tparker

I have a '70 Yellow Challenger with black vinyl top. I've had mine only for 30 years  :haha: Apparently the previous owner painted the rims black. I always figured they were original. A few years ago I found out on here that they weren't. I refreshed them and kept them black. Black on yellow just pops.

The argent might be original and does look cool. But I like the black a bit better. I suspect if black was an original option, you would have a few more votes for black  :D