Main Menu

Shaker ID and paint ?

Started by Racer57, February 28, 2020, 07:57:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

I'm in the process of touching up and repainting my shaker bubble. This number is on the inside of it. Does it tell anything about the shaker ? This is the first time I've had the inlets out. I didn't realize they were cast aluminum. :D  I had assumed they were plastic.  Since I have them out, I'm thinking about painting them Hemi Orange. The bubble is black and the car is Vitamin C. I don't have easy access to Vitamin C paint, but I do have Hemi Orange. How would it look ?    :wowzers: or  :barf:

anlauto

I have seen that before, interesting look, yours might look odd with the conflicting orange on orange  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Please don't do it...I think it cheapens the overall look of the car, reminds me of the guys that paint everything that unbolts from the body like gas door, door handles, mirrors, ect...in a contrasting color.

Racer57

My gut feeling was it wouldn't look very good, but I didn't want to get everything back together then find out otherwise.  Thanks.

Do the numbers mean anything ?

6bblgt

the 7-digit number is the part number
the 5-digit number is the vendor code

both original & some reproduction bubbles have the numbers