Main Menu

70 challenger rocker mouldings

Started by 70rtse, January 21, 2023, 06:56:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70rtse

Has anyone got any pictures of the 70 challenger rocker mouldings installed on a can.

I am about the put mine on and also wondering if there is meant to be a clip in the front fender

Both my genders haven't got holes for a clip.

anlauto

Quote from: 70rtse on January 21, 2023, 06:56:55 PM
Has anyone got any pictures of the 70 challenger rocker mouldings installed on a can.

I am about the put mine on and also wondering if there is meant to be a clip in the front fender

Both my genders haven't got holes for a clip.

We are a very inclusive group here, so the fact that both of your "genders" don't have holes is okay with us. :grouphug: :haha: :haha:

When I restored the last 70 Challenger with those moldings I found they had one clip on the fender as well as one screw at each end of the moldings....If memory serves me well, I don't think the new moldings had the screw holes, therefore I wasn't sure if the screws were there from the factory, but I added them anyways.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

The rocker moldings on my car have one large metal clip at the front edge, several plastic clips in the middle, and one screw at the back edge. The large metal clip is impossible to find.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Agree special clip in front and screw in back. You should be able to lay it all out on masking tape if the fenders are perfectly lined up.
Sheldon

anlauto

Well that makes sense....The car I did, did not have those clips, they were long gone, but that makes perfect sense. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration