Main Menu

Stripe or no stripe

Started by mjb765, October 26, 2018, 05:20:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mjb765

Just had the car painted since it needed and seeing it almost done got me thinking. Forgetting whether or not the stripe came on the car or the fact that the stripe never came in white, I am wondering if I should have it put back on or leave it off. The purists will say since it did not come in white, leave it off.....but I am just thinking what looks better. Just opinions please to help me decide.....

Also--I know the car was a slightly different color in the before pic, but now it is correct B7. The before pic has the stripe and trunk rack. I replaced the trunk lid since I was sure I didn't like that part.

Before paint and then after paint

Challenger in NC

Do what pleases you, but I like the hockey stripe.

plymouthbelvy

71-440

Another vote here for the stripe.  :bigthumb:
Joe

RUNCHARGER

I dunno: It really looks clean without it. I would leave it off. If you do add one make it black so it doesn't hit your eyes so hard.
Sheldon

anlauto

My vote is, and will always be no stripe, now if you feel you need a stripe, it must be gloss black. :alan2cents: White looks cheap, cheesy and wrong IN MY OPINION :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

....and if you're asking for opinions....I would have left the chrome luggage rack  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

mjb765

Quote from: anlauto on October 26, 2018, 07:08:41 PM
....and if you're asking for opinions....I would have left the chrome luggage rack  :alan2cents:

The stripe is in question...the luggage rack was never a question from the day I bought the car.....hated it.

To each his own......

anlauto

nsmall

How about enjoy the new paint job for a few months or years then add one if you want???  I am a fan of stripes, but think your car looks awesome either way.  Looking good, real good :bradsthumb: buddy.

Chryco Psycho

Stripe is not hard to add or remove , so no big deal either way , I like it far better without the luggage rack & with the dark blue , the car looks great now  :bravo:

chargerdon

You can always paint it on using the paint that you can peel off whenever you want !!   You can also experiment with it as it comes in several colors including white, black, and silver !!   Silver might look awesome ! 

JS29

1vote for black stripe!!!    :alan2cents:

Katfish

Quote from: JS29 on October 27, 2018, 06:12:41 AM
1vote for black stripe!!!    :alan2cents:

Same here, it's a proven fact cars go faster with stripes.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Yes on the stripe............and the silver would rich...........