Do you like hood Pins or do you not?

Yes
27 (84.4%)
No
5 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: August 09, 2022, 02:11:56 PM

Zshowket

Whats your thoughts, do you like them or pass?

cudamadd

I like the look of them ,but at the end of the day it's your choice. Have fun

Dakota

I answered "yes" but I don't normally attach the cables to the pins.   Even with the plastic covers on the cables, they started to scuff my hood paint, so now I leave them tucked in the grill.  I can always reattach the ends if I'm ever at a car show or whatever. 

The hood pins provide my secondary latching for the hood.   I don't use the 2nd latch normally mounted on the underside of the hood because I've had too many close calls with it gouging the top of my heads (ask BIGSHCLUNK about issue - it definitely left a mark on his noggin). 

anlauto

They are standard on all 70-71 Cudas, so if that's what you're working on I would say YES....otherwise it's your option.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Zshowket

She is a 70 and I have the kit.  Just bouncing back and forth on it really.

RUNCHARGER

IMO: On a Challenger the body lines on the hood really outline the hoodpins well. It's just a natural.
Sheldon

Brads70

I also got rid of the " meat hook" by adding a T/A hood so they are mandatory equipment. ..... and they look cool IMO.

dodj

I like the look of the pins and cables.  But I have had a few younger people in the car that have asked why they are there,  "is your hood latch broken?"

Quote from: Brads70 on August 04, 2022, 05:26:51 PM
I also got rid of the " meat hook" by adding a T/A hood so they are mandatory equipment. ..... and they look cool IMO.
So where do you  hang the trouble light then?  :cheers:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: dodj on August 05, 2022, 04:50:15 AM
I like the look of the pins and cables.  But I have had a few younger people in the car that have asked why they are there,  "is your hood latch broken?"

Quote from: Brads70 on August 04, 2022, 05:26:51 PM
So where do you  hang the trouble light then?  :cheers:

Lol, I overheard a younger person at a car show after looking into my car say "I don't think I'd want a car that I HAD to carry around a fire extinguisher with me..."     

Racer57

Zshowket

Did the install of the hood pins last night.  Meat hook comes off tonight!

70vert

I don't hate them, but they're not for me. I always viewed them as unnecessary bling.

Interesting, in 40+ years of owning several Challengers I've never had an issue with the hood latch and never heard it referred to as "the meat hook".  :dunno:

Racer57

Quote from: 70vert on August 05, 2022, 05:41:08 PM
I don't hate them, but they're not for me. I always viewed them as unnecessary bling.

Interesting, in 40+ years of owning several Challengers I've never had an issue with the hood latch and never heard it referred to as "the meat hook".  :dunno:
You haven't hit your head on it ? If so, you must be a lot shorter than most people or damn lucky !!

70/6chall

I really don't have a problem with my power bulge hood closing improperly. It pushes down quite well and closes with a click without slamming it down. So, doing away with the deadly hat grabber is not on the list. Back when I was looking for OE factory hood pins I was looking at a 318 Challenger some one had in their back yard. I noticed a flat hood with OE hood pins. The pin bezels were in very nice condition not all dented or scratched from using the hair pins. Everything was there pins, washers, bolts, bezels and bezel screws. It all cleaned up great with the only parts to be replaced were the lanyards. I removed all the pieces and he charged me $1.00 for everything. I was able to score on other parts off his car. I guess what blew me away was hood pins on a 318 car with flat hood,  Since then I've seen a few more.

MoparCarGuy

It must be a pain to install the hood pin clips with no "meathook" latch installed. The pop-up spring would be pressing against the hood pin clips all the time unless you guys are getting rid of the spring. If you remove the spring, how do you get the hood to pop up?   :notsure: