Main Menu

Top of door trim installation

Started by hiddenhavenfarm, February 04, 2020, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

hiddenhavenfarm

When we got our cuda both pieces of the passenger side top of door trim where in the trunk.  We have purchased the clips and I have tried to install the back window piece but have not been able to find a way to get the back corner to connect to the clip.  I figure someone here must have dealt this with situation and have some hints.  I have tried finding information on-line but been unsuccessful

Rich G.

Technically you slide the trim on one side of the clip and pop it on the other side with a little smack of your hand. Depending on what trim and what clips determines if it will work. I did a few Cuda's years ago and I don't remember who's I used but it was horrible and practically impossible to get on. I recently bought OER trim and their clips ( which say won't work on original trim) and I couldn't believe how nice and easy it popped on!

JS29

HEMICUDA

If you don't have the clips that were made from R/T Specialties, the others are two wide, I went thru that here at my shop on Eriks' purple convertible restored in a two garage in Canada that we worked on and they were way to wide. :deadhorse: :yes:  I'm sure Classic Industries gets theirs from R/T.

anlauto

What year Cuda are you working on ?

1970 had a clip with a plastic push pin, which can be a pain. As mentioned, not all reproductions are equal, some fit better then others.
The 71+ style has the metal pins on the door and are easier to work with...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration