Main Menu

Trunk and 1/4 molding install and clips 70 Challenger question

Started by Marksmopar1, October 03, 2019, 08:26:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marksmopar1

I bought my car 70 Challenger R/T semi assembled. The moldings for the trunk and rear 1/4's I have but no clips (hardware)
As I search I see various styles of hardware to attach the moldings to the car....
The question, what is the correct molding for the trunk trim and the correct hardware for the L+R 1/4 moldings?
  Simple yet what the car was disassembled by someone else....simple becomes crazy on the little things Ha!

Appreciate the help...I respond to pictures.... l :haha:

Marksmopar1

I know you may be reading this and thinking...Just buy the kit

But what clips are correct, seems to be a few different versions containing various styles of clips.
  Doing it...Doing it once trying to do it only once...
Thanks

HEMICUDA

Send me a PM Mark, I'll send you what you need "no charge", just pay the USPS First Class mail.

Marksmopar1

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Can you post a pic of the right clips for the rest of us when you get them. :twothumbsup:

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Chaos-N-Mayhem on October 09, 2019, 09:01:23 PM
Can you post a pic of the right clips for the rest of us when you get them. :twothumbsup:

The clips I sent Mark aren't 100% OE, they do work well, I used them on my T/A.

headejm

Marksmopar1

Thank you HEMICUDA  of B/E&A for the help , greatly appreciated!!

I will post pictures of the clips, once they arrive.... patience..lol  :takepicture:  :bigthumb:

JonH

Interested as well. The clips I bought, and also the ones that came with the moldings, are too short. As in the stud is not long enough to use with the pal nuts. A part number or supplier for the correct part would sure be appreciated here. Thanks

Marksmopar1

Ok, The trunk clips arrived!
The picture is what I received....the studs look plenty long enough.
I put a measuring tape down to give a sense of dimension.

The parts came without a P# so that I can not help you with. 

Sparxx

Anyone have a part number for these? They look the same as the hood chrome clips I need.