Main Menu

trunk latch

Started by GoMangoBoys, September 26, 2020, 07:43:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I am trying to attachthe trunk latch to the deck lid.  Which direction does it go?  There is a lip that turns up and a lip that turns down.  I understand that down and Up are relative, so can someone show me a correct picture of it on the deck lid?

anlauto

Doesn't it fit either way ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoMangoBoys

I am pretty sure that it DOES fit eitehr way.  I am assumin that only one way is actually right though.

Jay Bee

Scroll through the pictures in this thread, you can see the up/down lips. Reply #22 looks the best.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/underside-of-the-trunk-lid-whats-yours-look-like/641/

GoMangoBoys

Thanks @Jay Bee This shows me exactly what I neeeded to see.

anlauto

The picture John referred to is the most common way for sure, but don't be surprised if more research turns up with some mounted the other way...You know this hobby..."never say never"... :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

The flip on mine is towards the edge of the trunk as in the photo. I cant garuentee that is how it's supposed to be, but I suspect that is correct. At least I'm 50% sure ;)