Main Menu

Vinyl top

Started by Rdchallenger, August 09, 2021, 08:16:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

So I will be ordering a vinyl top from legendary soon and unfortunately will be doing the install myself with another set of hands possibly. I much would have rather it done by a business or person who knows how to and has done their fair share of them but it is a dying breed unfortunately.

On that note. For anyone who has done their own vinyl top install what tips and tricks did you find out worked best? What adhesive did you use? How many attempts did it take? Etc.

I have a feeling I'll be buying more than one top just from stories I've read. But any advice would be great!

headejm

Where to start...

This one is easy - DAP Weldwood adhesive. Bought an inexpensive paint gun at Harbor Freight that had a 1.7/1.8 tip. I don't recommend any other glue.

I did my own top (twice) by myself. Learned a lot on the first one. A helper would be better. Ledgendary has a good two-page instruction sheet that comes with the top and I believe is also on their website. They also have a good installation video even though it's on a Charger.

Install order is roof first, below the back window, sides, A pillars. Getting the top part on is easy, the back and sides is where the fun is at. My car is a SE and I believe that is more difficult than a non-SE car.

Legendary's customer service phone support is very helpful and they helped me get my top on correctly. You can't imagine the relief you will feel when you are finished. If I lived near you I would come over and help.  :cheers: