Main Menu

Wheel well undercoating/paint ideas?

Started by nsmall, August 02, 2017, 02:12:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

@Cudalbs @cudaragtop

You two got any pics of your wheel well area? Both front and rear?  Anyone else have any photos to share?  I am looking for ideas for what to do with this area.  I am doing a light spray black or tintable bed liner under the car.  Would like some ideas for the wheel well area.  Thinking the frame rails in the front will look good in body color.  Not sure about the rear.  I know up high in the wheel well areas I am doing some bedliner.  Thanks.

Neil

Cudalbs

This is all I have at the moment, won't be around my car for a couple weeks but my rear wheel wells have the same bed liner on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Love those round taillight cars"

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

cudaragtop

Raptor Liner.

Paint on the firewall down to the pinch weld and inside frame rails.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

nsmall

Thanks for the pictures.  The interior was shot today.  The car is going on the rotisserie for the underside to be painted soon.

Burdar

That raptor liner looks really great!  :ohyeah: 

If I were you, I'd look for some pictures of the tinted/body colored raptor liner.  I know some people like it but I wasn't impressed when I saw it in person.  To me it just looked like someone painted over factory undercoating...looked sloppy.  I think black looks much cleaner.  :alan2cents:

Cudalbs

Neil.......you need to post some pics for us too you know. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Love those round taillight cars"

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Burdar on August 03, 2017, 07:58:08 AM
That raptor liner looks really great!  :ohyeah: 

If I were you, I'd look for some pictures of the tinted/body colored raptor liner.  I know some people like it but I wasn't impressed when I saw it in person.  To me it just looked like someone painted over factory undercoating...looked sloppy.  I think black looks much cleaner.  :alan2cents:

My interior is tinted raptor. I should have worked the color match a little more, but it's there. I wish it had more gloss, but it's not a deal breaker for me, it's not for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs