Main Menu

Who has the best decals

Started by Rich G., February 16, 2018, 07:08:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Thinking about putting on the hood blackout on my Challenger. Who do you recommend getting them from. Just saw a u tube video on don't buy from Phoenix Graphics. I always heard they were the best. Damn internet has something bad to say about everything.

Cuda Cody

I made my own.  It's a hard graphic to install correctly (without air trapped) if you have not done them before.  I gave my artwork to Challenger Gary so he could make them for people.

750-h2

Performance Car Graphics are usually top of the line products.

ksierens

I got my dash bezels from Performance Car Graphics, they were awesome!
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 750-h2 on February 16, 2018, 07:35:54 AM
:iagree: I doubt you will find any better quality. Top notch products!

A little advise when installing something this big. Work from the center out and don't be all concerned about little bubbles. Give it some time and they will disappear. A lot of people want to take a pin and poke holes to release the air. It's just not necessary.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ToxicWolf

Performance Car Graphics is a great company with a very responsive owner.  The last time I got a hood blackout from them they had stopped using 3m and gone to a different vinyl.  If you care about who makes the vinyl you might want to ask.

HP_Cuda

PCG is the best!

I will echo what Shane said because one of my first decals from them had a few small bubbles and I was so close to popping them with a pin but I'm glad I didn't cause all I had to do is wait about 1.5 days and they were completely gone.

This is where patience pays off.

Quote from: Shane Kelley on February 16, 2018, 08:10:21 AM

A little advise when installing something this big. Work from the center out and don't be all concerned about little bubbles. Give it some time and they will disappear. A lot of people want to take a pin and poke holes to release the air. It's just not necessary.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

303 Mopar

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 16, 2018, 09:53:06 AM

PCG is the best!

I will echo what Shane said because one of my first decals from them had a few small bubbles and I was so close to popping them with a pin but I'm glad I didn't cause all I had to do is wait about 1.5 days and they were completely gone.

This is where patience pays off.

Quote from: Shane Kelley on February 16, 2018, 08:10:21 AM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

6bblgt

Marc70challenger

Either way I'd get one from someone that cuts them themselves.

I got one from a vendor (not mentioned here ) that was obviously rolled and stored too long. I layed it out for a week and it didn't remove the folded creases.  They took it back and sent me another a little less creased. lol.   My son who works at a sign shop installed it ... and was able to work them out. Something someone inexperienced or not skilled wouldn't have been able to.  (Why I asked him to do it lol )

Rich G.

Thanks for all the information!