Main Menu

Winchester Grey

Started by dave73, September 06, 2017, 11:51:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

I've never seen one in person but by the pictures, looks like the color drastically changes in different lights. Is that accurate? I've always loved the picture of the darker cuda but not so much the lighter shade. From what I've gathered, they are the same color?

Cuda Cody

A lot of colors can vary from one paint manufacture to another.  Plus the lighting can really change the look for the camera too.

Burdar

Yes, those cars are the same color.(GA4 available in 71 and 72)  I love the color.  It can change from gray to light blue depending on lighting.

Burdar

RzeroB

Quote from: Burdar on September 06, 2017, 12:32:21 PM
Yes, those cars are the same color.(GA4 available in 71 and 72)  I love the color.  It can change from gray to light blue depending on lighting.

:iagree:  with Darren ... it's a great color ... almost chameleon like in how it can change it's color-tone depending on the ambient light.  :yes:  AND, unlike some of the other more popular colors, you just don't see many cars wearing this cool color.  :no:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

dave73

I'm really debating painting my 73 challenger this color when I'm ready. Is there a recommended paint mfg you guys use?

6bblgt

lights & modern paint will change how a color looks

the pic of the second car that's in the OP's post is photo-chopped (shaker, bumper, wing, no marker light/antennae, other?)
- here it is from Mecum 2016

70/6chall

I have a friend, Cliff, who lives in San Diego that owns a beautifully restored Winchester Grey, '73 Dodge Challenger, 340 car. He attends a lot of the Spring and Fall Flings out here in Van Nuys. So if your out this way and are attending check it out. No disappointments, his license plate reads "340 Git"
               Thanks. Al

CudaMoparRay

Besides Black or White that Grey in particular goes with anything, very classy but neutral.

Skdmark

GA4 really changes with light. Even cloudy days vs sunny days.
In the 27 years of owning my GA4 '71 Challenger R/T - I have seen less than 10 others.

Guaranteed to stand out in a sea of high impact cars at a show.
Both pictures are same car with different light.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Roadman

Quote from: Skdmark on September 06, 2017, 06:12:03 PM
In the 27 years of owning my GA4 '71 Challenger R/T - I have seen less than 10 others.

:needphotos:

Skdmark

Quote from: Roadman on September 06, 2017, 06:14:16 PM
Quote from: Skdmark on September 06, 2017, 06:12:03 PM

:needphotos:

Fixed it for ya!

:bigthumb:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Rich G.

There was one at the mecum auction in Harrisburg last year. Great color.

Chryco Psycho

One of the best colors ever, it does shift color in different light .
Different paint types & mixes will shift the color too .